Monday, February 2, 2009

The One Where Liz is an Intern

The program I am on in Brussels has three main features. 1) Academics - where Dr. Jerry Sheridan, of tour guide fame, teaches us everything we ever needed to know about the EU. 2) Lots of traveling - where Jerry takes us out of the class room and shows us all the things we have been learning about (like the European Parliament and NATO). He also takes us to some pretty sweet places that aren't exactly kosher (don't tell Mom that I'm going to the Balkans in April). And 3) an Internship - where we go out and learn all about being real people. 

My internship is at the Ecole Royale Militaire (or Royal Military Academy). I am working with the World Politics/Conflict Studies department, and my job consists of researching defense education in Europe. This is a pretty sweet deal all around, since I'm considering going into defense/security studies. Also, the RMA is about 10 minutes from my house and the campus is really beautiful. There should be more updates on this soon, as tomorrow is my first day of work! I just wanted to let you know what I'm up to, especially since I've been a little lax about keeping up with the blogging. Hopefully that will change as I start to really settle down in Brussels, but with all the traveling and studying ;) going on, I'm still a little busy!

No comments: